24 May 2026 22:05 PM
NEWS DESK
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said on Sunday that an agreement with Iran could be announced within hours, potentially creating a path toward formally ending the conflict in the Middle East.
Speaking to reporters in New Delhi during his visit to India, Rubio said, “I think the world may receive some good news within the next few hours.”
Rubio added that U.S. concerns over the Strait of Hormuz would be a key part of the agreement.
Iran has partially blocked the strategic waterway in response to recent U.S. and Israeli attacks, raising fears over global oil shipments and regional stability.
He further said, “This agreement will begin a process that will ultimately help the president achieve his desired goal — a world where no one has to fear or worry about Iran obtaining nuclear weapons.”
Earlier, President Donald Trump said that “most discussions” regarding a proposal that includes reopening the Strait of Hormuz had already been completed.
Writing on his Truth Social platform on Saturday, Trump said, “Most discussions regarding an agreement between the United States, the Islamic Republic of Iran, and several other countries have been completed. However, the deal is still awaiting final approval.”
Comments Here: