[email protected] সোমবার, ১৮ মে ২০২৬
৪ জ্যৈষ্ঠ ১৪৩৩
USA

Israel and U.S. Reportedly Prepare for Possible New Military Operation Against Iran

17 May 2026 22:05 PM

NEWS DESK

File Photo

Following last month’s ceasefire, Israel and the United States have reportedly begun joint preparations for a potential large-scale military operation against Iran, according to Middle Eastern officials cited in reports.

The sources claim that a renewed strike could take place as early as next week. American officials reportedly say one possible scenario under consideration involves deploying special forces units to recover enriched uranium and nuclear materials believed to be buried under rubble at Iranian facilities.

The alleged planning comes amid what would be the most significant military buildup since the ceasefire agreement was announced last month.

However, military officials warn that such an operation would be highly complex and extremely risky. It could require the deployment of thousands of troops to secure operational zones and may lead to direct clashes with Iranian forces.

Another reported option under discussion includes seizing Kharg Island, a key oil export hub in the Persian Gulf. Broader airstrikes targeting Iranian military infrastructure are also said to be part of the planning scenarios.

According to U.S. officials cited in the reports, the overall objective of the joint Israel-U.S. strategy is to weaken Iran’s military capabilities, dismantle its nuclear and ballistic missile programs, and potentially create internal political pressure against its government.

However, despite 40 days of intense conflict prior to the ceasefire, none of these objectives were fully achieved, the report noted.

The timeline of events described in the report says that on February 28, the United States and Israel launched a major coordinated attack on Iran. In response, Tehran reportedly struck Israeli targets and U.S. allies in the Gulf region, while also disrupting maritime traffic in the strategic Strait of Hormuz.

After nearly five weeks of conflict, a ceasefire was brokered on April 8 with mediation from Pakistan.

Subsequent talks held in Islamabad aimed at a more permanent agreement reportedly failed to produce any breakthrough.

Later, U.S. President Donald Trump extended the ceasefire without a fixed timeline, resulting in a fragile and temporary calm. Behind the scenes, diplomatic efforts to end the conflict are said to be continuing.

 
 
 

Comments Here:

Related Topic